A dairy cream, perfumed, light and flavorful. Vegetables and fruits are good for you, This is common knowledge: then put them together, Maybe in a tasty cream. This is made with potatoes, celery and apples and I drove her a little sour cream homemade (Alternatively you can use the Greek yogurt). Not for me to say, but it was delicious: We all loved, We got double helping each. Is’ very quick to prepare, light and is great even lukewarm, as it meets in summer. Serve with Apple slices and celery, a sprinkling of pepper and Croutons.
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 6 large potatoes (I used those of Viterbo, fantastic)
- 5 celery stalks
- 2 red apples Pink Lady of Trentino
- a fresh onion
- 6 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons Greek yogurt or sour cream (If you want to make it at home for the recipe click here on ‘basics‘ )
- salt and pepper
- oil for garnish
- some slices of Apple with the Peel for garnish
- some slices of celery for garnishing
- shredded PDO Parmigiano Reggiano as required
- a liter of vegetable broth made with a carrot, an onion and a stick of celery
Wash and peel the potatoes, Peel the apples and remove the wires to celery. Do it all in pieces. Chop the onion and let it wither with oil, then add the potatoes, Apples and celery, Brown them one minute and add the hot broth. Add salt and cook for 20 minutes. Then blend in the mixer. Put the cream and sprinkle with Parmesan holsters and black pepper. Garnish with some slices of Apple and celery. Only at the last moment put at the center of each dish a tablespoon of sour cream or Greek yogurt and serve.
THE PAIRING: we suggest a Verdicchio dei Castelli di Jesi DOC Classico, produced by wineries Monte Schiavo, in Le Marche. TheCoste del Molino It is a wine with hints of pineapple, citrus and Apple (typical of the grape Verdicchio), is savory, harmonious and fresh. A good balance between the sweetness of the Apple, the softness of the potato and the acidity of celery and sour cream (or yogurt).