- The Parfait.Here comes the summer, a growing desire for ice cream but if you don't have the ice cream maker is an excellent solution that will appeal to adults and children is the semifreddo. The semifreddo has three components: the custard flavored with various flavours, Italian meringue and whipped cream. Knowing prepare these three bases the ice will no longer have secrets and you can play in dozens of flavors, from creams to fruit. The doses are for a Parfait for about ten people.
- 250 grams of whole milk
- 75 grams of sugar
- 60 grams of egg yolks (about three)
- 10 grams of flour
- 10 grams of corn starch
- 50 grams of flavored pasta tastes that you prefer (Pistachio, Hazel, cocoa, etc) or two tablespoons of vanilla extract or liqueur, candied fruit or dried fruit, But even coffee.
Put the egg yolks in a bowl and crush them with a whip along with half the sugar, then add the flour and corn starch, until you get a homogeneous mixture. In a saucepan pour the milk and bring to the boil. Remove from heat, pour in the milk over the egg mixture always beating with a whisk and then replace
all about fire, for about two minutes or until the mixture has thickened. Put the cream in a bowl and add the flavoured pasta taste you prefer, or, If you want a sour cream, two tablespoons of vanilla extract.
Ingredients for Italian meringue (10 people are needed for a 150-gram for frozen dessert, the rest you can freezing for the next opportunity):
- 100 grams caster sugar
- 35 grams of water
- 90 grams of egg whites
The only thing necessary is a food thermometer, because it is necessary to measure the temperature of the water and sugar syrup that must reach 121 degrees. Put the water and half the sugar in a saucepan and let them boil until they reach 121 degrees. In a large bowl, put the egg whites and pour flush water syrup and half of sugar by mounting both the compound with an electric mixer. Slowly you will get a solid white shiny and swollen that you must continue to whip until cool. Italian meringue that further after the preparation can be freeze and later used.
Composition of Parfait
- 300 grams of flavored custard
- 150 grams of soft meringue
- 500 grams of cream
Put the cream into a large container and mix vigorously until it becomes shiny. Join the Italian meringue mixing with a spatula and doing a movement from top to bottom to keep her dismount. Whip the cream and add to the whipped cream, stirring gently from top to bottom. Put the semifreddo in a Loaf pan (or even in mono portion molds) and store it in the freezer (freezer) for at least five hours. Remove from freezer 10 minutes before serving.