- The FISH BACK or CARTOON, that can be done with any white fish heads and bones but also with shrimps, lobsters or shellfish in General, is perfect to be used in the preparation of risotto or seafood in sauce to accompany fish dishes. Among other things, prepares quickly and allows you to use scraps of fish and vegetables that c0mprate, so you don't waste anything. You can freeze and store in the freezer for up to three months and you will see that you will get used to using it in your items to that then you can no longer do without it. The recipe that I leave is that of Michael Roux.
Ingredients for about 2 litres of fish stock
- 1,5 kg of fish bones and scraps of white fish or shellfish shells and heads
- 50 grams of butter
- 2 leeks, thinly sliced
- 70 grams of finely sliced onions
- 75 grams of finely chopped mushrooms
- 200 ml dry white wine
- 1 bouquet garni with thyme, parsley and bay leaf
- 2 slices of lemon
- black pepper as required
Rinse the fish bones and scraps of fish or shellfish to dry them with care. Melt the butter in a saucepan and add the sliced vegetables, then FRY gently for a minute. Add the fish bones and scraps of fish or shellfish and bring to a boil for 5 minutes, then add the white wine. Bake uncovered until the wine is reduced by two thirds and add 2 liters of cold water. Bring to a boil, lower the heat, skim and merge the bouquet garni, pepper and lemon slices. Take 25 minutes to Simmons by skimming from time to time, then filter the bottom with a stamina or a strainer and pour into glass jars. Allow to cool and store in the refrigerator up to 3 days or in the freezer up to 3 months.