- Who does not know the CHANTILLY CREAM, one of the most used Italian pastry cream, composed of custard, whipped cream and be endlessly: vanilla, lemon, Orange, Liquor… I the recipe for chantilly by Luca Montersino. In doses that I give is from a sheet of gelatin to obtain a more stable and chantilly soda, with which you can stuff layered cakes without fear that the filling ceda. The basic recipe that I leave is vanilla flavored, but use your imagination. I take this opportunity to remind you that the chantilly cream, in France and the rest of the world excluding Italy, is simply the whipped whites with powdered sugar and vanilla. We commonly refers to the formula above, both in shops and in cookbooks, even if the proper Italian name, very little used, this cream would “Diplomatic cream”. Why I don't know, but it's good to know the difference because if you ask Paris a brioche with chantilly, you will have a brioche with sour cream.
Servings per 1 kilogram of vanilla chantilly cream
- 400 milliliters of fresh whole milk
- 100 ml of cream
- 150 grams of egg yolks
- 150 grams of caster sugar
- 30 grams of flour or cornstarch or potato starch or rice starch
- a tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 3 grams of gelatin
- 400 milliliters of whipped cream
Put the gelatine in water for 15 minutes and pour the milk in a saucepan, the 100 ml of cream and vanilla and bring to a boil over low heat. Meanwhile, Mount with an electric mixer or egg yolks with the sugar planetary, until the mixture is puffy and fluffy, then more assembling combine flour. Remove the milk from the heat and pour the mixture quickly until you are completely mixing, then replace the fluid on the heat and add the isinglass well squeezed: continue cooking, stirring constantly, until the cream thickens. Remove from heat, pour the cream in a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and allow to cool completely cream, first at room temperature and then in the refrigerator. When the custard is cold, join the 400 milliliters of whipped cream. Store in the refrigerator until ready to use it.