Home » Red rice with steamed broccoli and quail eggs

Red rice with steamed broccoli and quail eggs

by Ada Parisi
6715 views 5 min read

A little’ lightness and lots of color in this red rice with steamed broccoli and quail eggs. Today I present a simple dish but always chic: all its components you can lead them first and then all you have to do is assemble the dish before serving. It is a rice Ermes of Novara, simply boiled and sauteed with olive oil and toasted pine nuts, served with steamed broccoli and egg yolks of quail eggs just blanched, with two sauces: the first made from broccoli and anchovy sauce (so light and tasty); the second basis of Parmigiano Reggiano cheese and saffron (so greasy and soft). Is’ a vegetarian and gluten free, fun to eat, because you can taste it with one or the other sauce, There are pine nuts crunchy and the yellow fondant that goes well with the rest. Have fun trying it out!

Ingredients for 4 people:

  • 300 grams of rice Hermes
  • 1 kg of broccoli
  • 30 grams pine nuts
  • extra virgin olive oil: to taste
  • salt and pepper: to taste
  • 12 egg yolks of quail

for the sauce to broccoli

  • a portion of steamed broccoli already
  • extra virgin olive oil: to taste
  • papá: to taste
  • some of the water from cooking the broccoli
  • 2 tablespoons anchovy sauce

for the Saffron sauce

  • 100 milliliters of liquid cream
  • 50 grams of grated parmigiano Reggiano PDO
  • 1 sachet saffron or some pistil

Boil the rice in salted water according to the cooking times indicated by the package, then set it aside. Toast the pine nuts.

Clean the broccoli and cook in steam (or cook them al dente in water lightly acidulated) so they stay crunchy and bright green colour. Keep them warm.

Prepare the broccoli sauce by blending portion of broccoli with a little of the cooking water and lots of extra virgin olive oil, because you will need to obtain a creamy emulsion. Add the anchovy juice and some freshly ground black pepper.

Preparing for the second salsa: heat the cream with no boil, Add the saffron and Parmesan cheese. Stir fire off until complete dissolution.

Dipping the yolks of quail for a few seconds in boiling water (You can also use the whole egg and just do it “by eye”, in this case use two eggs for every serving).

Skip the rice in a pan with extra virgin olive oil. Add the pine nuts.

Composition of the dish: arrange on plate on fried rice; Sprinkle on the tops of steamed broccoli and three egg yolks of quail per person. Garnish with two tablespoons of sauce to broccoli and saffron and serve immediately. Bon appétit!

THE PAIRING: Franciacorta is not only bubbles. Indeed, the cellars of the territory continue to produce wines, those latches. And with this recipe we want to match a Curtefranca Doc White, produced by the farm Ferghettina, with an 80% Chardonnay and the remaining 20% Pinot Blanc. Is’ a fresh wine, savory, scents of white flowers, that highlights all elements of this recipe, from that fat to vegetable.

You've already seen these recipes?

8 comments

Micaela March 3, 2015 - 18:37

Hi Ada! You gave me an idea for tonight! :-) Lo provo con la salsa allo zafferano e senza uova di quaglia (perché non le ho :-D ) …something I invent! Thanks for the inspiration! A hug!

Reply
Sicilians creative in the kitchen March 4, 2015 - 11:42

I saw just now! At this point I have to say how it came! I embrace you Micaela! ADA

Reply
Cayea March 3, 2015 - 14:49

But where do I find the rice Hermes? Hi Ada ;)

Reply
Sicilians creative in the kitchen March 3, 2015 - 15:10

Hello Francesca!!! You find it quite easily: from Geldings for sure, But even in large supermarkets, They call it red rice… And kisses!!!!

Reply
Mila March 3, 2015 - 11:32

Well the rice I always like so much, I have never tried this kind, But if I find it I buy!!!
Have a good day

Reply
Sicilians creative in the kitchen March 3, 2015 - 12:27

Hi Mila! I have bought in Novara, to try it out, and I fell in love! Good day to you my dear!

Reply
Hedwig March 2, 2015 - 17:52

Cool…We fully agree with the Franciacorta.. I note ciaoooo

Reply
Sicilians creative in the kitchen March 3, 2015 - 12:27

I knew you would have enjoyed the pairing…. When an is foodie!!!! I embrace you, Hedwig!

Reply

Leave a comment

* Using this form you accept the storage and management of your data from this website. * By using this form you agree with the storage and handling of your data by this website.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

This site uses profiling cookies, including third party, to improve your browsing experience. Ok Read More