We arrived at the start of our preparations for the Christmas table: the Christmas tree is perfect, There are gifts, we decided what to eat, but we have not thought about what to drink. Hence for Christmas I recommend 15 wines under 10 euro to buy at the supermarket. The other day I realized to have suggested many MENU AND CHRISTMAS RECIPES, as I do every year, but not to have recommended what to drink during these gargantuan lunches and dinners for parties.
Is’ true that, often, in any recipe you find the combination to a wine that we, we agree with the dish. But I thought it might be useful to an annotated list of red wines, white and sparkling wines that you can safely buy in large-scale distribution (big organised distribution, ie supermarkets) at a good value for money. So here, together with Gianluca, we decided to recommend 15 wines under 10 Euros that you find at the supermarket. Quality wines and at an affordable price, from appetizers to desserts. By the way, you read my advice on 15 ANTIPASTI NATALIZI TO PREPARE IN ADVANCE and the SWEET 15 SPOON EASY AND ELEGANT FOR THE HOLIDAYS?
To find 15 wines under 10 euro to buy at the supermarket to celebrate Christmas, we were in different supermarket in Rome (group Sma-Simply, Pam Panorama-Half, Tiger, Elite, Coop) and we decided to recommend five white wines to be served as an aperitif or in combination with a FISH MENU or VEGETARIAN, five red wines perfect for a MENU SICILIANO robust GOURMET, five sparkling wines perfect as an aperitif but also for the whole meal. Among these wines under € 10 there are also some wines under 7 €, suitable for those who chose a MENU OF INCOME to eat and drink well without spending a fortune.
OUR SELECTION CRITERIA
About six bottles of wine sold in Italy 10 are sold in supermarkets, where the label is offered in recent years become increasingly wide and varied. It fits all price ranges, If Avini 'entry level’ (low-end) of "ultra premium’ (the most expensive wines above 25 euro) o luxury (over 50 EUR). Even in the retail channel, then, you can do in the field of wine good business considering the value for money, but you have to be able to orient themselves within a very large selection.
We are orienting us took on a range between 5 and 10 euro, favoring wines with denomination of origin and geographical indication (DOCG, Doc, PGI), of which Italy is extraordinarily rich. We did not want to consider the sub- $ 5 Euros because not enough of the universe representative of Italian wines. Climb price, directs us between 5:10 €, He has allowed us to find also very important labels. Quality wines at the right price, perfect for a major holiday like Christmas.
RED WINES UNDER 10 EURO
- Montepulciano d'Abruzzo DOC 2017 Masciarelli: price 7,99 euro (Abruzzo)
- Nero d'Avola Sicilia Doc 2018 Rapitalà: price 6,30 euros (Sicily)
- DOC Montefalco Rosso 2016 Arnaldo Caprai: price 9,50 euro (Umbria)
- Chianti Classico DOCG Lamole Lamole 2016: price 8,90 euro (Tuscany)
- Syrah, Terre Sicilian PGI 2017 Cusumano: price 7,90 euro (Sicily)
WHITE WINES UNDER 10 EURO
- Doc Valdadige Pinot Grigio 2018 Santa Margherita: price 7,99 euro (South Tyrol)
- Giogantinu, Vermentino di Gallura Superiore 2018 Cantina Social of Giogantinu: price 6,30 euros (Sardinia)
- Anthilìa, Doc Sicily in 2018 of Donnafugata (Sicily): price 7,90 euro (Sicily)
- Venezia Giulia IGT Traminer 2018 Livon: price 9,90 euro (Friuli Venezia Giulia)
- S'Elegas, Nuragus di Cagliari Doc Cantine Argiolas: price 6,50 euro (Sardinia)
SPARKLING WINES UNDER 10 EURO
- Conegliano Valdobbiadene Prosecco Superiore Dogc, extra dry, Carpenè Malvolti: price 8,99 euro (Veneto)
- Giall'oro, Valdobbiadene Prosecco Superiore DOCG Ruggeri: price 9,90 euro (Veneto)
- A3, Asolo Prosecco Superiore DOCG, extra profit, di La Tordera: price 7,90 euro (Veneto)
- Rosa Regale, Brachetto d'Acqui DOCG 2018 Banfi: price 8,70 euro (Piedmont)
- Torbato brut sparkling wine Sella e Mosca: price 7,90 euro (Sardinia)
AN EXTRA LITTLE OVER 10 EURO: BUT IT IS REALLY WORTH
- Terre Sicilian Passito PGI 2015 Cantine Colosi: price 10,50 euro (Sicily)