Corn Muffins and almonds with honey and lime. Still a recipe for those who are intolerant to gluten and, with a little ingenuity, even for those who are lactose intolerant: Breakfast muffins made with fine corn flour and almond flour, with extra virgin olive oil instead of butter and sour cream that you can replace it with that vegetable or almond milk. The peculiarity is that must be served lukewarm and sprayed hot honey and lime emulsion, that makes them very special, with a taste between sweet and sour. Loved me and, as you can see, in baking rise well and remain soft.
Serves 8-10 muffins:
- 150 grams of fine cornmeal, cartoon type
- 75 grams almond flour
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil light
- 75 grams of sour cream or cream plant (or 50 milliliters of milk almond)
- 100 grams caster sugar (mettetene some’ less if you use almond milk which is very sweet)
- 2 whole eggs
- a full teaspoon of yeast powder
- the grated rind of one lime
- the juice of a small lime
- granulated sugar as required
- 2 tablespoons wildflower honey
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees static. Place in a bowl the flours, sugar, lime zest and baking powder. In another bowl, lightly beat with a fork or by hand whisk the eggs with the sour cream and oil.
Pour into dry ingredients and liquid and mix with a spoon without overworking the compound (say is the secret to getting good muffins, work too long the dough saves weight and then baking it 'lumps'). Spread the mixture into muffin tins or silicone baking cups, filling them up to about one centimeter from the edge.
Bake for 20-25 minutes. Meanwhile, preparing an emulsion by mixing honey with lime juice. Once baked, bucherellare muffin lightly with a toothpick and sprinkle them with the mixture of honey and lime. serve warm: I advise you to combine it with a herbal tea or a cup of tea. I like the teas and infusions with bergamot and jasmine, but you do!