Waking up in the morning and find a sweet homemade, soft, fragrant, scented. These are the reasons why prepare these mini corn muffins with currants. That, In addition to Nice and good, they are also very easy to do. I make them in small paper cups, so I take off my the whim of eat even two (Yes, I take around alone…). Instead of the currants you can put whatever you want: raisins, chocolate chips, Apples… These treats are gluten free and suitable for Celiacs and, If you use almond milk instead of the normal (I suggested to a friend), are also suitable for those who are lactose intolerant.
Ingredients for 10-12 mini muffins or 8 normal:
- 150 grams of corn flour impalpable, cartoon type
- 75 grams almond flour
- 90 grams of Superfine caster sugar
- 50 milliliters of whole milk or almond (for lactose intolerant)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil light
- grated zest of one lemon
- 70 grams of dried currants
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- corn flour enough to sprinkle currants
- icing sugar for sprinkling the muffins
- wrappers, paper, for muffins
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Soak the currants in a cup of hot water for 10 minutes, squeeze them well, Pat dry and sprinkle with cornmeal.
Beat the eggs in a bowl, the milk, the oil and lemon zest, then add the corn flour sifted with the baking powder, almond flour, sugar and currants. Mix everything together until smooth but not worked much the dough because otherwise weights.
Pour the batter in paper cups and put them into those of silicone (or within multiple stencil for muffins) and bake for 20-25 minutes.
Cool the cupcakes and serve them in their cups powdered sugar.