- The MAYONNAISE, I adore: I want to talk about? And’ a sauce indispensable in the kitchen: It goes just about everything, meat, fish or vegetables. And’ versatile and customizable as you want, It is easy to prepare. Certain, is a little’ heavy… but every now and then you can transgress. Here I leave you the basic recipe, widely modifiable according to your taste with fruit juices or veggies, mince herbs or other.
Ingredients for a portion for 4 people:
- 3 egg yolks at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- a few drops of lemon juice at room temperature
- salt to taste
- 250 ml sunflower oil or olive oil (I use the second, but it is heavier)
Put the yolks in a bowl, mustard and a pinch of salt and mount with the whip at maximum speed for 10 minutes, then start adding flush with the oil continuing to whisk until the mixture is thick and glossy. Merge finally a few drops of lemon juice. Refrigerate covered with plastic wrap in contact until ready to serve.